cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

failed to publish the document using Adobe Distiller

WeiXia
1-Newbie

failed to publish the document using Adobe Distiller

Hi, i just installed Arobortext Publishing Engine5.4 and i want to convert the xml files into PDF using Adobe distiller.

I installed the Acrobat Distiller 6.0 and configured the Postscript Printer.

i test the PDF test on Publishing Engine home page, but it gives me error. Please see the attached error screen shot.

I need help on how to resolve this issue.

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Wei,

Welcome to the community.

I moved your discussion to the Arbortext community to ensure it gets in front of the right audience.

-Dan

Hi, I don't use 5.4 or Distiller, so this is just a very general troubleshooting tip: Log onto the server hosting PE and run PE Interactive. PE Interactive, essentially Editor at least from the client interface perspective, will often produce much more usable and informative error messages. Before you compose your test document, run the following command from the PE Interactive command line:

set peservices=off

peservices is what lets a true Editor client submit the job to PE via HTML / SOAP. Since you are already ON Publishing Engine, you don't need those communication services.

Also, there is a very active PTC/User hosted mailing list called "adepters" after a very old product name for what is now Arbortext Editor that you should consider joining. Folks are over there 24/7/365 helping (or at least commiserating). Info on it here:

http://www.squidoo.com/arbortext#module87462061

Top Tags