cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

install license

swri
1-Newbie

install license

I had to move arbortext ISO draw to a new computer. I then reveiced the laicense failure message. I subsequentlyu went to the license management page and moved my license from the old computer to the new computer. I have received my new licenses. How do I install the new licenses?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
swri
1-Newbie
(To:swri)

All,

I corrected the issue by uninstalling the software completely from my hard drive. Tehn I reinstalled using the new license. I could not wait for a reply on how to do it a different way due to business constraints, so I have no idea if the process put forth by Raymond Stachowiak wopuld/will work. I suggest that PTC test that process out to ensure that it does work then add it to the FAQ for license management for future reference.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RayStachowiak
12-Amethyst

My process is as follows:

1. Create a folder on a drive, I use C:

2. Put the license in the folder you created

3. Go to your environmental variable in Windows (usually in system Properties - advanced system setting - environmental variable)
4. In System variables click NEW (if the following variable does not exist)

and enter PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE

On the next line type in where c:\(folder you created)\lm-nnnnnnnn.txt

you put the license file and its name

Make sure you click ok to all the windows and the next time you load Isodraw it should find the license assuming you have the right machine name when you got the license reissued

rdiaz
5-Regular Member

Hey Ken,

Did Raymond's input help you navigate this issue, or are there further problems?

TimPhelps
7-Bedrock

Ken,

The community would like to know how you remedied your issue.

If Raymond's input answered it, then could you mark it as the correct answer, or could you add a comment as to how you did resolve the issue.

Having a solution helps the community provide a service for all users.

We like to have the community be the place to come to receive answers.

swri
1-Newbie

All,

I corrected the issue by uninstalling the software completely from my hard drive. Tehn I reinstalled using the new license. I could not wait for a reply on how to do it a different way due to business constraints, so I have no idea if the process put forth by Raymond Stachowiak wopuld/will work. I suggest that PTC test that process out to ensure that it does work then add it to the FAQ for license management for future reference.

Top Tags