cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

title and short description starting on bottom the page

bfriesen
16-Pearl

title and short description starting on bottom the page

When publishing we are having the issue with some of our output that the heading and a line or two of the short description are on the bottom of the page instead of being pushed to the top of the next page with its content. I expect the change I need to make is in styler, Which element or elements would I need to change. I think the issue is mostly with the formating of topics. To I need to adjust the keeps for the topic element, or title in topic element?

Thanks

Bryon

3 REPLIES 3
ctant
1-Newbie
(To:bfriesen)

Hi Bryon,

You are facing a widow and orphan issues with your title and short description elements. In Styler, you have to modify in your Break tab the Keep... dialog box.

Specify for the concerned element the number of lines you want to keep at the top of the page (it should force your text to be at the top of the next page), specify for your title that it has to keep with next element and specify for your shortdsc to Keep element content together on the same page.

Normally if your shortdesc is divided in two parts, it will force the content to keep together and force your title to follow.

Best regards

bfriesen
16-Pearl
(To:ctant)

Thanks for the response, I do not see keep with next elements, also is there a certrain title that I want to change. I seem to have alot of them under the title element.12-20-2013+3-44-12+PM.jpg

Hi Bryon--

Your titles are probably already set to keep with next, so you probably just need to modify the keeps on your shortdesc. Set the "keep content together" priority to something high like "Always" and that should prevent the shortdesc from splitting across a page break.

If you also make sure the title and shortdesc are not separated from the first paragraph in the topic, then also set the "keep with next" for shortdesc.

--Clay

Top Tags