cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Codebeamer working sets

AR_10979214
5-Regular Member

Codebeamer working sets

I'm having trouble merging branches/working sets in codebeamer. Specifically, I am having trouble merging status fields with reviews attached and items I do not own. 2 questions:

1. Is there a way to merge the status and review attached with the status?

2. Is there a way to see who has a right to edit an item and there for can merge it

AR_10979214_0-1726859477446.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AR_10979214
5-Regular Member
(To:GVajda)

Hi, it took a long time but I finally realized what the problem was:

I had forgotten, but when a item is in a certain status, that item cannot be edited unless moved out of that particular status. This is especially true if you have a review attached to a certain status. If the items is requires a review to move from one status to another then that item cannot be edited until a review has happened and the correct number of people have accepted it or rejected it. So that means if you are trying to merge (which will make changes to the item) it will give you the same error as if you had tried to edit the item. So, when using Working sets, it is important to make sure that before creating them, the items are in a status that can be edited. If not, you will not be able to merge.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello,

the given item could be in a status, where the given user's role does not have edit permission on the fields, which have to be changed by the merge.

If this information is not enough, please open an incident ticket and attach all details to it.

Hello @AR_10979214, 

It looks like you have a response from a community member. If it helped you solve your question please mark the reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you. Or as suggested in the topic, please open a Support ticket and attach all details to it.

Thanks,
Vivek N.
Community Moderation Team.

AR_10979214
5-Regular Member
(To:GVajda)

Hi, it took a long time but I finally realized what the problem was:

I had forgotten, but when a item is in a certain status, that item cannot be edited unless moved out of that particular status. This is especially true if you have a review attached to a certain status. If the items is requires a review to move from one status to another then that item cannot be edited until a review has happened and the correct number of people have accepted it or rejected it. So that means if you are trying to merge (which will make changes to the item) it will give you the same error as if you had tried to edit the item. So, when using Working sets, it is important to make sure that before creating them, the items are in a status that can be edited. If not, you will not be able to merge.

Announcements

Top Tags