cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Annotating in 3.0

MichaelDouglas
8-Gravel

Annotating in 3.0

Are there any documents out there to show us what to do with the changes that where made? Dimensioning should not be this hard?

3 REPLIES 3

Hello Michael,

can you provide a little more details? Are you referring to Creo Parametric 3.0?

The community subgroup you started the thread in, is Rendering, but I assume this is rather about detail mode (drawing or 3D detailing), and therefore belongs to the general PTC Creo forum, right?

Thanks,

Gunter

Detailing in general in Creo 3 should have optionally preserved the Creo 2 interface.

I am completely astounded as to how anyone could have thought this was better for people who already knew how to use Pro|E.

It is now a lot more work and nothing new to show for it.

I believe the only significant change is that the selection of a second reference requires the CTRL key to be pressed.

For once this generates consistency with general functionality in Creo.

And second it allows to easily deselect references, if you change your mind or picked a wrong edge - previously you had to use RMB > Dimension - New References and start again selecting.

And obviously for better assistance, the dimension as it would look like, is displayed as a ghost before you place it - but this does not affect the workflow.

Instead of a document, there is a tutorial video: Tutorial: Creating Driven Dimensions

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags