cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Are there any Triangulation Options in Creo?

ptc-4464984
1-Newbie

Are there any Triangulation Options in Creo?

Hello all,

I create .stl files which are used by our software guys to program a robot. I was asked today about the options which I used to create my .stl files. I showed them the small option box which come up when I save a .stl file. What they were wanting to know was which triangulation algorthm is used and if we have any options about picking them.

I told them I would look into it. But typical google searches have failed me. Perhaps I am looking for the wrong thing.

They gave me a link and told me that they would like to use something like this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delaunay_triangulation

Hopefully I am providing enough information. I still need to go do some reading to figure out the details. But does anyone know if you can pick the algorithm usded for triangulation

Thank you in advance,

Josh

1 REPLY 1

Hi Josh...

This is easy.... NO. There are no options to change the algorithm for generating the STL file in Pro/E or Creo. Typically I set the Chord Height to 0. The system will automatically correct the value and set it to the lowest possible setting. For Angle Control, I usually go with .0005. I create the file with those settings.

Way back in 2009, someone asked a simialr question. It was never answered either. There is no information on how the model is tesselated. Calling PTC is about the only way to find out what algorithm is used. You may have to escalate the call to a higher level agent to get a satisfactory answer. I suspect it's not something often asked.

Thanks and good luck! Report back if you get anything...

-Brian

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags