cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Boolean Operations in Creo/ Pro E

ptc-5174556
1-Newbie

Boolean Operations in Creo/ Pro E

Basically I have a prt file that is generated by Pro E but I cannot carry out Boolean operation on it in Pro E. PLease help!!!

Thanks in advance!

11 REPLIES 11

This is hidden in the "merge" features. It is rather unique in how Pro|E handles these.

Essentially, the merge feature, whether add or remove is a "tool" part. You assemle two parts in an assembly and you innitiate the merge from the assembly by activating the part you want to "merge" to the tool into. Thej other way bring up the the old menu manager version. Here are some screenshots of what to look for:

merge-2.png

merge-1.png

merge-3.png

...and welcome to the forum

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

You get to work on speakers? Must be fun!

One of many things

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Lucky you! I have some ideas floating in my head for speaker design, a true point source full-range speaker..... Or, another one that's a line source, something like this but horn-loaded and WAY less expensive:

http://www.genesisloudspeakers.com/g1p2.html

Or the more practical (though still insanely expensive):

http://www.genesisloudspeakers.com/g2p2.html

(Martin Logan!) Their mids and highs are absolutely -magic-. ...if only they could perfect their crossover to the lows.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

I've heard some of the Martin Logan speakers, and they had the typical light, airy sound you'd expect, but I noticed the ones I heard recently were extremely directional, with the sound "beaming" at you in a very narrow band.

Infinity has always been my favorite speaker manufacturer, I'm so glad that Nudell and some of the other who created the brand left to create the company Genesis after Harmon Kardon bought them and turned their stuff to garbage. To me, there isn't anything crisper than the EMIT tweeters and midranges they made. I'd bought several sets for various cars over the years. So, hopefully one day I can afford to get some of the Genesis stuff I like.

Indeed, ML is a wall of sound. I don't know of a room that can really benefit from these but they are definitely different.

I have some Mackie monitors that are fairly true to the source. I don't know whose drivers they use.

I use M&K's for my daily sound source.

i think you are looking for boolean operations in part modelling..which is the norm in solidworks,catia,unigraphics...etc.

Pro/E does not work that way.....the closest you get to boolean operations in Pro/E in part modelling is..

Insert>Shared Data>Merge/Inheritance.....

vzak
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-5174556)

besides already mentioned Merge/Inheritance (with "Cutout" option), there is an option to Create Component / Intersect (takes common volume of 2 parts).

But as Rohit mentioned, full support of boolean operations does not come in line with "feature history based" CAD technology (which actually replaced boolean CAD, like CATIA V4 etc). Each next solid feature intersects with all entire solid of the particular part - adding or removing material, depending on its definition. So limited boolean operations are only allowed between parts, not between groups of features inside same part.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:vzak)

Missed than one, Vladimir. Thanks

merge-4.png

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags