cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Can't open Creo files past *.1

ptc-4659621
1-Newbie

Can't open Creo files past *.1

When I installed Creo 2.0, I opened a file that ended in *.asm.1 without issue by selecting "a program from a list of installed programs". All of my other files say the type is "Creo Versioned File", but when I try to double-click to open a file past that, say *.asm.13, it brings up the same "windoes can't open this file" dialog box.

When I go to the Open with dialog box it lists a bunch of programs but not Creo 2.0. I click browse, I find parametric.exe and select open just like I did earlier, but then it completely disregards it and ignores that choice. It returns to the Open With dialog box with the same list of programs as before.

I can still open it from within Creo and can drag/drop it onto the Creo workspace if I have it open, but I need to be able to open files from within the directory and I can't for the life of me figure out why this is occuring.

1 REPLY 1

Try not letting Windooze open your files. Open Creo and use the file navigator in Creo to select and open your files. Remember, you can also open specific versions of a file with Creo.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags