cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Five button mouse - which one?

KrisR
1-Newbie

Five button mouse - which one?

I’m looking for a five button mouse to use with Pro that will support double clicking with the thumb button. I prefer a corded mouse, but that's not required. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member
(To:KrisR)

Logitech mouses work well. Wireless and, um, cord-ful (that sound good, right?) they come.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/mice/devices/wireless-mouse-m510

I don't know about double-clicking with the thumb button, but I did set one of the thumb buttons to act as "Enter". Therefore, you highlight a file; folder; an OK button; green check in pro-e; etc, and click the thumb button to open/choose. In the case of OK buttons and green checks, you don't have to highlight them (because that would be the same a clicking and then the job is done), no, they're highlighted by default. Just click the thumb button.

rzukowski
11-Garnet

I'll second the Logitech recommenation. I have been using the MX518, 8 button gaming mouse for years and really like it. In fact, I outfitted our entire engineering office (7 computers) with this mouse and have no complaints from anyone. The MX518 mouse is now named G400.

As a personal preference, I'd stay away from any mousing with a tiller wheel. I also prefer corded mice too.

With the MX518, "double click" is one of the options for programming buttons.

mx518.jpg

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member
(To:rzukowski)

And I'll second avoiding tilter wheels. The one I used made performing middle-mouse clicks difficult.

KrisR
1-Newbie

My has horiz scroll (tilter wheel) and I have issues with middle clicks and moving models in 3D. It has a certain sweet spot you have to hit. Thanks for all the recommendations!

msutcu
1-Newbie

Wireless Logitech cordless mouse M705 in combination with Logitech solar keyboard K750 has a delayed reaction when pressing SHIFT+MIDDLE WHEEL for PAN'in the solid model. After each PAN , you have to let go the SHIFT key for a few seconds, before you can PAN again. ZOOM with the wheel (middle button) seems to work OK, but PAN'in is annoyingly slow and erratic. If PTC provided some guidance on recommended hardware it would be very nice. However, my guess is that PTC never reads these posts and they do not care what is posted here. I have an original GRID generation question from years ago on this site and no one ever responded. And it was not a very difficult question. I think it is time for me to move on to NX solid modeling software, based on lack of dedicated expert technical support.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:msutcu)

I have an issue with this mouse (Logitech M705) in that the zoom gets "stuck" electronically and when I maximize a drawing, the drawings will quickly dissapear off the screen by shrinking down to a dot. If I maximize and it is still stuck, this will happen again.

Logitech SetPoint sofware allows customizing the wheel as MIDDLE BUTTON. The wheel also controls LEFT SCROLL and RIGHT SCROLL which are not used within a PRO-E window. You can customize the mouse middle wheel to change the behavior to always MIDDLE BUTTON. Assign SELECT BUTTON 6 and 7 to all MIDDLE BUTTON. This way, regardless of which way you push on the wheel, it always interprets the signal as MIDDLE BUTTON. I just altered my M705 wheel settings and it is working really good now. I am happy that I have solved my own problem. Thanks to my co-worker Scott partly, if he ever reads this post.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags