cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

HOW to achieve it with CREO?

bduncan
15-Moonstone

HOW to achieve it with CREO?

SD.gif Any help? Click it.

8 REPLIES 8

I guess you may create it with using 3 d connections.

I started features like this as an assembly. Assembly constraints will force the shape to conform according to your constraints. Just male a triangle surface as a part and start assembling it. Eventually you get that figure. If it must be solid, you would have to know the radius to the points so you would make the 3-sided cone with the depression you see and assembly those.

You can go further and start making them based on points and fills but you will have a massive amounts of reference planes. I did go in and eventually make many of the sacred geometries in part mode with complex sketches. You can download them here is you have Creo 2.0 full version: Combined Views - a quick overview

The file is linked to the original document.

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:bduncan)

Interesting shape! Kind off Escheresque.

Where did you find this? Does it have a name?

My take: two simulated mechanism assemblies, both animated in six different orientations, which gives 12 assemblies. Save as video and stitch together. (Perhaps with creo animation you can change view states during animating, but probably not).

You can find the result on: https://grabcad.com/library/star-block-1#

cheers.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:bp)

Interesting challenge, bj. It is a stellated Icosahedron with retracted points.

This is the "cubic' equivalent: 6 paired triangles and 8 "corners".

Yes, you can assembly this and if you add a mechanism feature that will form the stellations dynamically, it would be nice. Unfortunately, mechanism animations for not regenerate values during processing. Since the faces will change size, simple animations will not follow the geometry changes required. Not in Creo Parametric, anyway.

cubic_icosa.PNG

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Thanks for the tip, theres a lot on the interweb on icosahedrons.

morphing stellations was not the question I believe, just rotating the "stars".

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Thanks for the clarification... I never clicked on the image to see it move

Animated gifs should really be activated in the posts; not just by clicking on it.

Now I'm curious again

bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:TomD.inPDX)

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

EXCELLENT BJ!

Can you post the Creo file here?

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags