cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Hai to every one

rnithinmanohar
1-Newbie

Hai to every one

My name is Nithin Manohar I am studying ME Deign Engineering in Bits Pilani, Hyd Campus, I Have a dought Is it posible to convert 2-D Dicom Format image to 3-D object using Creo Parametric help me.

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

You will not be able to use it directly. Creo depends on vector data or polygon data to generate a 3D object. The best you can do is use it as an underlay to create the geometry in a sketch.

Hai to ya,

I have no idea what file type comes from 2-D Dicom format image or whatever. See if it's supported in Creo at View tab --> Model Display dropdown --> Images --> then Add in Image group --> then select a datum plane you want to put the picture onto.

Dicom is Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine. It's a medical record that includes pictures.

www dot mccauslandcenter dot sc dot edu/mricro/dicom/ has a list of image handlers for dicom images.

It lists ImageMagick and Irfanview (requires plug-in) as freeware with convertors. I just checked and GIMP lists dicom as a possiblity. These can be used to change from dicom to bmp or png format. From bmp or png you can either paste as an image as Jakub suggests or bring it into Inkscape and have Inkscape create vector paths for export as dxf.

Good explanation. For bitmap objects it would be propably better to convert their outlines to curves in Corel or other softwares as you suggest, and import these curves to Creo.

But I guess the curves would come in with plenty of gaps then, or not at all. I mean the other thing is that Creo tends to crash if you try to import in a closed spline curve loop. So, this would propably be too much work, and you would need aditional software to tie all the curves together.

Propably the less time consuming solution is to bring the bitmaps onto Creo datum planes, and follow the images with curves to get the shape, or better using objects from Freestyle feature.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags