cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Iges to Models in Creo

mwesselski
1-Newbie

Iges to Models in Creo

Long time Unigraphics/NX user here and new to Creo 2.0.    I need to create several models that are basically revolved.   I will import in some Iges files with a cross section.   In Creo, I take the lines in the cross section and project them into a sketch and then I revolve the sketch to create a solid.    Is there an easy way to assign dimensions and break the link to the imported files and be left with what looks like a "clean" Creo file with a sketch, etc.? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Mark,

-After you have Projected your cross-section,  you can open the "References" box and delete all the references. (Creo will automatically assign "soft" (grey) dimensions to your section)

-Select new Vertical and Horizontal references.

-Create "hard" (yellow) dimensions per the scheme of your choice.

-Done.

Good Luck

Bernie

Bernie Gruman

Owner / Designer / Builder

www.GrumanCreations.com

Below is a view of the section I'm revolving.  The iges file only contained some lines which represented a section.  I'm not sure where the "References" box is.  Only thing I could find is if I right click the sketch and I get the option, "Edit References".  I don't see any option to just delete the references. 

Untitled.png

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags