cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Imported parts disappear

ptc-960784
1-Newbie

Imported parts disappear

Can anyone tell me why imported parts (in the .prt format) sometimes disappear when the units are changed?
4 REPLIES 4

You might be selecting the interpret instead of convert on the units. My guess is the parts are becoming so small that you cannot see them. When changing units you want to convert where 1" becomes 25.4 mm instead of 1" becomes 1 mm; this is scaling. Again this is my guess on the files disappearing and also check to see if you have a filter on your simplified reps that hide anything a certain size. You can set a size on the find command that will change the status of certain size parts; great to filter out fasteners on huge equipment. Eric
Dmi3U
15-Moonstone
(To:eric.mills)

I have seen it before. Try to get step file instead of .prt from the other cad package.

I had this happen for the first time last week. The imported .prt file was in mm and I wanted inches. My solution was to export a .stp file then import that .stp file and changed the units to inches. It worked great.

Great solution. Thanks for the help.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags