cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Is show_preview_default keep working for anyone?

rmitchell-2
2-Guest

Is show_preview_default keep working for anyone?

Hello all,

I'd like to set up my Creo session to have show erase preview so that I have to select things I want to keep.

Is it not working the way I think it should or is it not working for anyone?

Thanks,

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It turns out that the config option needed to be "Show_Preview_Default remove" for what I wanted.

The thing I seem have missed was changing the current_session.pro at same time I changed the config.pro.

I seem to recall this being trouble previously. I still don't know why the current_session.pro file even exists.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Are you talking Show Annotation in Creo drawings? If so, it is a horrible implementation. You have to know, however, that there is a difference in erase and delete of an annotation. I like the legacy version -much- better.

Yes I am. Once you figure out how it works, it's quite similar to the old method. However, I am used to the config setup so I show all the dims (or what ever) and select the ones I want to keep. I thought this was controlled via the "show_preview_default keep" config option. But this is not working the way I hoped.

I see. I think you can select all quickly in the dialog (check all selection) and then you can toggle the ones you don't want. By default, it does show all but only as a preview. It is part of what makes it more difficult for me.

It really does take some getting use to. I wasn't aware that we actually have config.pro options directly related to this. Learn something every day. Now if only we knew what Show_Preview_Default really did

It turns out that the config option needed to be "Show_Preview_Default remove" for what I wanted.

The thing I seem have missed was changing the current_session.pro at same time I changed the config.pro.

I seem to recall this being trouble previously. I still don't know why the current_session.pro file even exists.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags