cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Isolate component

nico74
1-Newbie

Isolate component

Hi all,

How can you isolate selected component in a simplified rep using WF3?

Thanks

Nicolas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think that what you are doing is pretty well the same thing as I am talking about if my memory serves for WF 3.0. Selecting the top assembly and excluding it is the same thing as setting everything to a default of exclude.

-Greg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You should be able to. I can't remember exactly what it was like in WF 3.0. But the idea would be to create the Simplified Rep with the default rule of Exclude All, and then to select the Master Rep option for just the one component you are interested in viewing. With the Exclude All default any new components added to the master rep assembly should also be blanked in your isolating Simplified Rep.

I could post some screen shots from WF 5.0, but I am not sure how similar that would be to WF 3.0.

Hope this helps.

-Greg

Thanks,

where do you get the exclude all default?

I've created a new simplified rep, included all component I wanted in there desired rep then excluded the top GA.

That seems to work not as sleek as isolate but you have a record of the component shown.

Nicolas

I think that what you are doing is pretty well the same thing as I am talking about if my memory serves for WF 3.0. Selecting the top assembly and excluding it is the same thing as setting everything to a default of exclude.

-Greg

Thanks for your help

Nicolas

No Problem - Glad I could help you out.

-Greg

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags