cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Mapkey: Finding path/steps followed by Mapkey

Nashnir
1-Newbie

Mapkey: Finding path/steps followed by Mapkey

We have just upgraded from WF4.0 to Cre2.0 m090.

Due to this many mapkeys are not working and hence I was wondering is there is way to find out the path followed by existing mapkeys in WF4.0

If there is a way to find out the steps then we can manually re-create them in Creo2.0

I am asking this because there can be certain steps that could be missed if we try without knowing the steps and only the end result occuring in WF4.0

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:Nashnir)

You can open the file containing the mapkeys with a text editor and examine the contents.

Unfortunately the steps that are recorded may not make very much sense because they record user interface calls which are not always plain or obvious.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dschenken
21-Topaz I

You can open the file containing the mapkeys with a text editor and examine the contents.

Unfortunately the steps that are recorded may not make very much sense because they record user interface calls which are not always plain or obvious.

I noticed that.

The mapkeys can be exported as config.pro from WF4.0 but the options ( path followed ) are shown by their variable name. ( I guess).

Is there a documentation which will help us map the respective names to the features at user end?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Especially when you are using legacy mapkeys that you did not create, so you are not sure how to re-create.

Thanks, Dale

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags