cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

PRINTING

CBenner
5-Regular Member

PRINTING

HELP! I AM LESS THAN IMPRESSED SO FAR WITH PRO E'S PRINTING/PLOTTING INTERFACE. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME DIRECTION? MY BRAND NEW HP DESIGNJET 4500 IS NOT ON THE LIST OF AVAILABLE PLOTTERS, NOR IS OUR LASERTJET 5SI.... THE LIST OF PLOTTERS APPEARS TO BE SEVERAL YEARS OLD. I AM FORCED TO WORK WITH THE MS PRINTER MANAGER, AND THERE IS NO WAY OF KNOWING IF I HAVE THE RIGHT COMBINATION OF OPTIONS WITHOUT WASTING 2' OF PAPER. CAN ANYONE HELP?
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite
5 REPLIES 5
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:CBenner)

I must have stumped the band here. Has no one run into this problem before? Chris
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

Chris, It's a broad question that you are asking. Successful plotting is a combination of the correct PCF file and Plot Command file. Your Designjet is an HPGL2 plotter, and therefore pretty much any of the Designjet drivers should work. The Plot Command is going to depend upon whether or not yours is a network plotter; I assume it is. Having a plot_command specified completely eliminates needing to go through the MS Printer Manager (which is a drag and stalls mapkeys). For the Designjet, your .pcf file to make an A-size is going to look like this: plotter DESIGNJET1055CM button_name DesignJet A-Size button_help A Size Plot plot_drawing_format YES default plot_segmented NO default plot_roll_media YES default plot_label NO default plot_handshake software default create_separate_files NO default plot_with_panzoom NO default rotate_plotting NO default allow_file_naming YES plot_name YES interface_quality 3 default plot_destination printer default plotter_command G:\Ptc\pro_stds\plotters\plota.bat pen_table_file G:\ptc\pro_stds\plotters\table.pnt plot_sheets current default paper_size Variable 8.500000 11.000000 default paper_outline NO default plot_clip NO default plot_area NO default Your plot command batch file will look like this: ren %1 a_size.plt lpr -S192.9.200.1 -Pplotter a_size.plt del a_size.plt Of course, substituting the IP address with the one assigned to your JetDirect card. Regards
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:PeterBrown)

Whatever happened to: Plot.... Extents... ok! Thanks for the tip, I'll see if I can make any of this work for us. Not very intuitive is it.
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

Not much in Pro is intuitive! And, you're going to scrap a lot more than 2' of paper getting the configs right. I have a config for each size plot we do (A-E, roll) as well as for laserprinting to an 11x17 LaserJet 5000N. The LaserJet still goes through the MS Print Manager because tray selection is very convuluted (but do-able). Regards

dear plz do the following thinf this may resolve your problem. set the values for pen in tool-options as below pen 1 thickness 0.017 cm pen 2 thickness 0.01 cm pen 3 thickness 0.01 cm pen 4 thickness 0.08 cm
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags