cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Pro/NC module

ptc-257390
1-Newbie

Pro/NC module

Hi, Raymond, Peter Question: Do you have the same issue like me? When I do NC Sequence for face down the work piece and I set the tool on entry to leading edge and on exit to center it does not work correctly the tool goes to the heel. Do you know why? Or it is an internal issue with the software? Version used WF_2.0, 3.0 Thanks, Mike
2 REPLIES 2

Mike, As far as I can tell, this is working "correctly", at least as designed (double-checked in WF 3.0). However, a couple of things may be confusing you, although I'm not sure what behavior you are expecting. (1) Unless you tell the system otherwise (See #3) the ENTRY_EDGE & CLEARANCE_EDGE parameters control position relative to the edge of the face. In other words, if you left both parameters at CENTER the tool would actually plunge down with its center on the starting edge, make its first pass, then feed along the opposite edge to move from the first to the second pass. (2) The parameter values (LEADING_EDGE, CENTER, or HEEL) apply to every pass. With the settings you have described, there is an angular motion at the end of each pass because the first pass ends with the tool center on the exit edge of the part, but it has to be clear of the part (leading edge) before it can reenter for the next pass. (3) You can build on these parameter settings by giving values to the END_OVERTRAVEL & START_OVERTRAVEL parameters found in the CUT_PARAM section. Thus, for example, you could "square up" the cutter path by setting the END_OVERTRAVEL value to the radius of the tool. Ultimately, you can set individual feed rates for these different additional motions (this and more in the Customize environment). (4) First and last passes can be further modified by giving values to the APPROACH_DISTANCE & EXIT_DISTANCE parameters as well. I hope this is helpful! David

I will try play with this some more and I will let you know the results. Thanks, David Mike
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags