cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Rg: Imporing the files in pro/e

ptc-1159078
1-Newbie

Rg: Imporing the files in pro/e

Hi, I need the information about How to import other file formats like catia, solid edge, soldworks and unigraphics in to Pro/e Wildfire 2 with features and history of the model. Whether it is possible or not. Whether it is applicable for all file formats used in pro/e Best Reg, Jagadhees
5 REPLIES 5

i am afraid not IGS is the one way to exchange data between CATIA&UG&PROE ,but the feature and the history would lost
sdick
1-Newbie
(To:st_cn)

STEP is better than IGES, Parasolid or Acis are also good. You will keep the assembly structure but each part will only contain a single import feature. It's possible to make a "feature to feature" translation with external applications

Hi, Thanks for your reply, But some of companys doing this kind of projects. How they do? we need the features while converting the file b'coz after converting the file with out features we cant able to edit the file. Whether pro/e have any imported options Please tell me any other Solution Regarding my query Regarding, Jagadhees BE Final MECH

For Catia and Unigraphics you could use a software called Collaboration Gateway from Proficiency, but it is expensive. This software let you convert models on feature level and you can modify it in the recieving CAD software. http:\\www.proficiency.com Regards Gunnar

Gunnar Bjoru Thank you for your reply,whether it is applicable to import in Pro/E
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags