cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Transparent View

dwright-2
1-Newbie

Transparent View

Can anyone tell me if Transparent View is available in CREO 2.0 Parametrics? When I expand Display Style I do not see Transparent as an option.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Oh, you must be in a part. If that's the case then you need to do #3 above which is fine if it's a part. Not so much if it's an assembly.

For uploading an image, If you are on windows 7 you can use the Snipping Tool and save the file where you can upload it. If you use alt+printscreen then paste it into paint and save the file for upload later.

For #1 (and assemblies) use the Style tab in the view manager. Click on style tab, then new, then component display style select the transparent button.

transparent1.jpg

As for #2 (and assemblies) it's located in the image below. Make sure you select a part first before you follow the links otherwise it will be greyed out as in the image below:

transparent2.jpg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

There are three ways to do this:

1. Model Tab --> Manage Views --> Style --> New --> Show --> Transparent. Select the components you want to turn transparent and then save the style.
  2. Display it temporarily via selecting the components you want to be transparent and then: Model Tab --> Model Display [pulldown] --> Component Display Style --> transparent.
  3. Color everything a transparent color. Recommend the above two methods.

Thank you for the reply. For whatever reason none of option 1 or 2 are in my model tab? Do these options have to turned on somewhere? I tried to include a screen shot of my CREO screen, but obviously I don't know how to do that. I tried Alt- Print Screen, but I could not paste it here for some reason. The only place I could find a View Manager was in the View Tab, but I did not see anything like what you have described. I am confused.

Oh, you must be in a part. If that's the case then you need to do #3 above which is fine if it's a part. Not so much if it's an assembly.

For uploading an image, If you are on windows 7 you can use the Snipping Tool and save the file where you can upload it. If you use alt+printscreen then paste it into paint and save the file for upload later.

For #1 (and assemblies) use the Style tab in the view manager. Click on style tab, then new, then component display style select the transparent button.

transparent1.jpg

As for #2 (and assemblies) it's located in the image below. Make sure you select a part first before you follow the links otherwise it will be greyed out as in the image below:

transparent2.jpg

Thanks very much for the help. That is absolutely correct, I was in a part. I opened an assembly and I found it. I will try the other method on a part. Thanks again.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags