cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Which 3 button mouse do you recommend?

DanMarotta
2-Guest

Which 3 button mouse do you recommend?

Do you use a 3 button mouse with Creo Elements/Pro? With scroll wheel? Without scroll wheel?

Which 3 button mouse do you recommend when designing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For me, I use the Logitech Trackman Wheel.

http://www.logitech.com/en-za/mice-pointers/trackballs/devices/4787

I like using Trackballs because I can move the cursor, then lift my thumb, then select, all without the cursor jumping. This to me makes it more precision. Also works good for image editing.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

For me, I use the Logitech Trackman Wheel.

http://www.logitech.com/en-za/mice-pointers/trackballs/devices/4787

I like using Trackballs because I can move the cursor, then lift my thumb, then select, all without the cursor jumping. This to me makes it more precision. Also works good for image editing.

pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-876037)

I also like the Logitech Trackman type mouse for the exact reasons you've stated. You don't have the cursor jumping associated with a standard mouse.

In looking at your link we have a little different version as ours has an extra 2 buttons that can be used for CNTL or SHIFT.

Some years ago my mouse packed in, and IT gave me an IBM Scrollpoint mouse which has three buttons and a force-sensitive (I think) joystick-thing instead of a scroll wheel.

It works well for me, and separates the middle button from the scroll function; but my colleagues all use 'regular' scroll wheel mice, and find mine a little difficult to get used to!

We haven't really investigated alternative mice, spaceballs, or anything like that; we tend to use mapkeys (all two-key) as our main productivity enhancer.

This is a good topic to watch. I am in need of a new mouse and want to find one that will fit my giant hand.

Tried a Kensington Expert Mouse for a few days, the button locations were not very comfortable for using Pro/E. Not saying I have carpal tunnel, but there must be something better than pushing this Intellimouse around.

Whatever suits you, is the correct answer. Everyone is different and a mouse that one person finds comfortable to use will be hell-on-earth for another.

I can however recommend a 3D space mouse for your other hand. I use a 3D Connexion Space Navigator and it makes moving and spinning a lot easier.

If you can get hold of one, use Logitech MX1000 and assign MMB to fast forward (the cradle arround the scroll wheel). Unfortunately it is out of production like many other good things.

Hi All,

Personally I like the Evoluent mouse with a short keyboard and a separate numpad and the 3d connection device on the other side.

The evoluent mouse is tilted vertically and has 5 buttons and is light.

Nicolas

Wow! This is an old post. I recently got the Evoluent wireless mouse. It is taking a little time to get accustom to the 90 degree change, I can tell improvement with my wrist position, The buttons are laid out neatly and programmable, I recommend this for business and CAD users, I do not have a 3D Connexicon, seems that having both is not a bad idea.

great choice, i'm waiting for mine.

did you get the 2,3, or 4?

I got the 4. Used it for about one week now. Very odd to use at first, few days in it is becoming more natural.

I ended up with the 4 wired. After using it for a few days I replaced my keyboard with a mini keyboard. I found with the Evoluent my right hand needed to travel too far. Wish I could have afforded a left hand keyboard but the mini is good for the ctrl, alt, shift, mouse death grip. I've always liked the mini keyboards for cad work.

cnallani
6-Contributor
(To:DanMarotta)

I use 3D Connexicon

They make a mouse?

cnallani
6-Contributor
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Yup they make a mouse http://www.3dconnexion.com/buy/shop.html

I have 3DConnexion SpaceExplorer 3D Mouse.

I see... I have a space navigator but it does not double as a mouse.

The best mouse I've found so far is this one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E4MQODC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Its a Logitech G602 Wireless mouse. Absolutely love it. I'm a big fan of binding the extra mouse buttons to commonly used commands or keys.

The top two buttons I have one bound to the delete key and the other one brings up the measure tool in Creo.

Since this thread is already back from the dead and ticking again.....I'd have to agree on any of the gaming mice (only used logitech so far)... I use the G600... plenty of buttons to bind mapkeys to. Super easy to configure. It also has side scrolling that I use to bump the ribbon tab left or right...nto super time saving but helpful. My favorite mapkey is my universal edit all button....click on something then hit the button on the mouse and it goes right into edit sketch for any feature, redefines assembly components, etc.etc. It's my Creo boomstick!

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags