cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Wildfire launcher for Windows 7 taskbar

David_M
5-Regular Member

Wildfire launcher for Windows 7 taskbar

While Creo has nice taskbar integration, Pro/E won't even pin properly. For all my efforts I haven't managed to get a Pro/E icon that looks like Pro/E to launch the app and be grouped with the open windows.

I wondered if anyone had written their own launcher for Pro/E that shared the necessary tags to be grouped with the Pro/E windows? If so, please could you share it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:KevinBradberry)

Interesting document.

I finally made it work. A working launcher is attached. I have the 64 bit version of Wildfire 5 installed, so this will group with that. You'll need to open the properties for the shortcut and add your Pro/E start-up directory in the start-up directory box. You may or may not have to point to the icon yourself, which is called xtop.ico. What could be simpler?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member
(To:David_M)

I've been ticked about the same thing. Let me know if you learn a fix.

KrisR
1-Newbie
(To:David_M)

While I can't get an icon to stick (we use a batch file to load Pro E/Creo 5), mine do group.

1.png

David, yours do not group?

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member
(To:KrisR)

Yeah, open windows will group, but they will not group with the pro-e application shortcut that is pinned to the taskbar.

How do you write in the batch file where to find configuration files?

Well, I didn't create the batch file.

I tooka minute to look on the forums here about batch files, didn't see anything specific to create it. Maybe take a few more moments than I did and you might be able to find something.

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member
(To:KrisR)

Sorry, I'm digging to deep.

I'm browsing the following document to find some batch file tips:http://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-1281#comment-1475

David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:KevinBradberry)

Interesting document.

I finally made it work. A working launcher is attached. I have the 64 bit version of Wildfire 5 installed, so this will group with that. You'll need to open the properties for the shortcut and add your Pro/E start-up directory in the start-up directory box. You may or may not have to point to the icon yourself, which is called xtop.ico. What could be simpler?

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags