cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

how to merge several surfaces one-time with the proe

Jim_zhao
1-Newbie

how to merge several surfaces one-time with the proe

how to merge several surfaces one-time with the proe.i know ug can easily apply this command.when will the PTC company can solve this question.
7 REPLIES 7
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:Jim_zhao)

Not sure what version you are using but you can do this starting in WF4. Not sure about WF5.
Jim_zhao
1-Newbie
(To:Kevin)

"Kevin Demarco" wrote:

Not sure what version you are using but you can do this starting in WF4. Not sure about WF5.

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:Jim_zhao)

Make sure the surfaces are trimmed to the boundaries where the surfaces will attach. You should then be able to select two surfaces, select the merge feature, and add additional surfaces by holding the CTRL key and selecting additional surfaces. You could also select all the surfaces you want to merge then select the merge feature.
timb
1-Newbie
(To:Kevin)

If a surface will be trimmed by the merge, you can only pick two surfaces at a time. So then you need to pick the merge quilt and then the next surface if you want to merge more than two surfaces.

Remember: many simple features are better than fewer complex ones...

That idea is good for some things, but sometimes it just makes clutter and makes the model hard to understand. Merge features are one of those time. If you have 7 merge features in a row as apposed to one, I would much prefer to see just one.

Same with rounds I am starting to really like the idea of having multiple sets of rounds in the same feature. If Pro/E had the capability of putting in the rounds in the order the sets are listed, I would probably only have one round feature at the end of the model tree.

In my oppinion the many simple features idea is one modeling technique, but it is not the only one, especially with the WF5 removal of resolve mode.

Albatros
1-Newbie
(To:timb)

In Pro-E WF5 you can merge more than one surface at a time

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags