cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

File Open Dialogue Box - Views Management (adding custom columns?)

MORECREO
11-Garnet

File Open Dialogue Box - Views Management (adding custom columns?)

When in Creo after selecting "open", the "File Open" dialogue box appears. This presents me a "list" of Creo files in my workspace. Most of the columns displayed in this dialogue box mean nothing to me. Is there a way to create custom columns that read desirable parameters that would help me better find files during my "open" process?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is possible. You just need to create some custom views in your workspace first. Here's some info on table views in the workspace:

https://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/plus/r12.0.2.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/UserSetupTableViewCustomize.html 

Tdaugherty_0-1706193438849.png

When you set up these custom views in the workspace, they will be available in Creo.

Tdaugherty_1-1706193643648.png

You can also use the 3D preview to help find things.

Tdaugherty_2-1706193766138.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

requested functionality is not available in Creo. You need Windchill do see custom information defined in Windchill view.

Martin Hanák

Ok so its Windchill related. That's a good start. Thank You!

Would you happen to know where in Windchill I would do that?

This is possible. You just need to create some custom views in your workspace first. Here's some info on table views in the workspace:

https://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/plus/r12.0.2.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/UserSetupTableViewCustomize.html 

Tdaugherty_0-1706193438849.png

When you set up these custom views in the workspace, they will be available in Creo.

Tdaugherty_1-1706193643648.png

You can also use the 3D preview to help find things.

Tdaugherty_2-1706193766138.png

Thank you for this information. This worked great!

Top Tags