cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Has anyone used j-link to analyze dimensional tolerances for an assembly?

babruzzo
1-Newbie

Has anyone used j-link to analyze dimensional tolerances for an assembly?

We're currently evaluating several assemblies and the tolerance values of several components in each.  Basically, I was hoping someone has already developed a tool (we use Creo2.0) that can open an assembly and perform a Monte Carlo type analysis of the assembly using all of the dimensional tolerances.  I know there is a tolerance analysis tool built into Creo, but to my understanding it is only a one dimensional loop, I would like something that had the ability to evaluate the full six degree of freedom nature of the rigid-body parts.

2 REPLIES 2

A company called Variation Systems Analysis, Inc, did this a couple decades ago, but they are now owned by Siemens. They used to directly embed their analysis setup into the Pro/E model.

Unlike most analyzers, VSA allowed form variations to be accounted for. Some just regenerate the model to produce the sensitivities. VSA created their own mesh and used first principals analysis to generate a Monte Carlo simulation along with the same sort of measurements made in inspection. Since the analysis was externalized, one could hook any geometry related calculations, such as compression ratio, into other analyses, such as combustion calcs.

VSA was pretty sweet, but not as sales-demo friendly as TI-TOL/CE-TOL/BYU via Adcats/Kenneth Chase.

Recent news from 1998 EAI to Acquire Variation Systems Analysis, Inc., The World Leader in Dimensional Management

Current Siemens page: Variation Analysis (VSA): Siemens PLM Software

Thank you, David.

I have contacted Siemens to get some information on their solutions. I'd still be interested in any other solutions that might be out there.

Top Tags