cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to disable "auto check in" in Creo 10 / in Windchill 12?

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

How to disable "auto check in" in Creo 10 / in Windchill 12?

Hi there,

is there a way to deactivate "auto check in" in Windchill or in Creo 10?
The thing with check in comments is, that our engineers tend to be lazy, when it comes to make "meaningful" comments.
I tweaked the "custom check in" dialogue on the Windchill side to run some test on the comment, before it is accepted ( e.g. minimum length where "bla bla" does not count).

But since there is this "auto check in" button in Creo, those lazy engineers can easily circumvent those tests.

I already asked a similar question here
https://community.ptc.com/t5/Customization/disable-quot-auto-check-in-quot/m-p/358999#M7254
But the "solution" was not working for me.

My hope is, that from Creo 3 to Creo 10 (and from Windchill 10 to 12) some things have changed ( and improved 🤞 ).

2 REPLIES 2
Robrecht
12-Amethyst
(To:Mat)

As far as we know, it's unfortunately not possible to disable the Auto Check-in button. Also according to CS279821 this functionality isn't supported out-of-the-box.

I did however find a piece of code (using J-Link) that someone else posted which can stop the Auto Check-in function from running/completing:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/Allow-admin-to-disable-auto-check-in/idc-p/453890/highlight/true#M6467

Kind regards
Robrecht

Hello @Mat,

It looks like you have a response from a community member. If it answered your question please mark the reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags