cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Running Jlink docs / tutorials in CREO2

ptc-1932745
1-Newbie

Running Jlink docs / tutorials in CREO2

I am testing our install of CREO2 in a planned migration from WF4/5. I am looking to do more than simple Pro/Program and am having problems checking the docs / tutorials for JLink.

I can't get the index.html file in the <loadpoint>\...jlinkdoc\ dir to open in either standalone IE9, Chrome 27.0... or the built in browser in CREO2 M040 (IE?) I'm trying to see if the installed turorials are of any use. Currently using Windows 7 SP1

In checking java -version from the command line, I see that I have JAVA 1.7.0_21 installed along with the SE runtime.

I get an error about 'TestSwingExistence' being 'Application Blocked by Security Settings' in Standalone Chrome when double-clicking the index.html file from Windows Explorer with Chrome as my default.

Similar with IE9. I get 'JavaScript incapable or has it's JavaScript capabilities disabled' message in IE9.

I go tohttp://www.isjavascriptenabled.com/and test. JavaScript is enabled.

I have (java)scripting allowed by both IE and Chrome.

My IT separtment is baffled. I am currently checking to make sure they have installed 'API Toolkits' when CREO2 was installed.

Any small nugget of info would be welcome,

Christopher Gosnell

TRIGON INC.
FPD Company
124 Hidden Valley Road
McMurray, PA 15317
PH: 724.941.5540
FX: 724.941.8322
www.fpdinc.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------

3 REPLIES 3

On 05/17/13 13:35, Christopher Gosnell wrote:
>
> I am testing our install of CREO2 in a planned migration from WF4/5. I am looking to do more than
> simple Pro/Program and am having problems checking the docs / tutorials for JLink.
>
> I can't get the index.html file in the <loadpoint>\...jlinkdoc\ dir to open in either standalone
> IE9, Chrome 27.0... or the built in browser in CREO2 M040 (IE?) I'm trying to see if the
> installed turorials are of any use. Currently using Windows 7 SP1
>
> In checking java -version from the command line, I see that I have JAVA 1.7.0_21 installed along
> with the SE runtime.
>
> I get an error about 'TestSwingExistence' being 'Application Blocked by Security Settings' in
> Standalone Chrome when double-clicking the index.html file from Windows Explorer with Chrome as my
> default.
>
> Similar with IE9. I get 'JavaScript incapable or has it's JavaScript capabilities disabled'
> message in IE9.
>
> I go to
From your java control panel change security to Medium.

Open a 64 bit IE browser and then openindex.html

I have created a little guide for configuring the java securities. It can be found in this PDFhttp://fastmethodology.com/docs/Configuring_JLink_Doc_Securities-By_Joshua_Bryant.pdf

Top Tags