cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

TEMPLATE AND MODEL TREE CUSTOMIZATION

AN_11072156
2-Guest

TEMPLATE AND MODEL TREE CUSTOMIZATION

Hi there, 

I installed the student version of Creo 8.0.4.0, I know that I do not have a cutting-edge computer to run some of the extensions of creo such as creo simulate live, creo render studio and others... that is why I just installed CREO PARAMETRIC. However, when the installation was done, I got the message INSTALLED WITH ERRORS, I opened the message to see what the error was and it showed: your computer doesnt support creo simulation liv ( I said it doesnt matter because I did not installed that extension) as I said before I just installed creo parametric. Therefore:

1. I opened Creo to start getting familiar with the software, I clicked on CREATE NEW PART, then I scrolled up and down on the drop-down menu to select a TEMPLATE (I think it is for units selection) BUT I could not be able to select the template I wanted, it automatically asked me to select a template again, I TRIED to select a different one but nothing, then I DECIDED to click on and selected EMPTY and it worked, however I am not sure why I cannot select a specfic template from the drop-down menu.

2. Then I checked the model tree and the tag of the datum planes are shown as DTM1, DTM2, DTM3, is there any option to change them to RIGHT, FRONT, BOTTOM, most of the tutorials I have seen so far have their model tree automatically set up as the later. 

Does anyone know why I am experiencing this issue, maybe it is because my computer doesnt support some extensions of creo (I didnt install those though).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:AN_11072156)

You can create your own template with the datum planes named how you like them.

You can rename the planes in your file after it is open.

The only think I can thing of is that the templates supplied with your Creo are commercial versions, which cannot be opened in the student version.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:AN_11072156)

You can create your own template with the datum planes named how you like them.

You can rename the planes in your file after it is open.

The only think I can thing of is that the templates supplied with your Creo are commercial versions, which cannot be opened in the student version.

thanks u so much, it worked! I did what u said, I used the empty template, I renamed my datum planes as I wanted then I saved it, and automatically for the second part, datum planes were shown as I  saved them previously, plus I managed to select the templates from the drop-down menu. Thank u again.

Top Tags