cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Title block details for naming a file

sammy1994
11-Garnet

Title block details for naming a file

Is it possible to extract the information from title block so as to name the converted step/pdf/dwg file according to the information in title block?
1 REPLY 1

Maybe, maybe not.

(1) You're going to need to delve into the details of what each of those formats is providing you, as to data format, etc. This will be rather difficult, unless someone has already written some packages to handle the particular file types you are addressing.

(2) Even if you understand the file formats and what they've got, now you have to figure out how to parse out of the file the exact data you want to use to name a file. "Title Block" is something that I generally only think about in terms of a drawing file, like .dwg, .pdf, etc. Probably not in something like a .stp, which for me is a geometric data format.

(3) If you are going to use data files from a variety of sources, you'll have to know what particular nomenclature they use in their drawings and such so you know where the data you want is.

So, in short, I don't know if it would be possible to have any sort of automated way to name the files based on their content.

Top Tags