cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Trial 'Fatal error' and no C Drive access

MatthewHawkins
1-Newbie

Trial 'Fatal error' and no C Drive access

I have got the trial version of creo 2.0 installed successfully and i go to click on the application, it seems to start to load and then 'crashes' with a fatal error. I have scanned this forum for answes to my problem and they seems to involve editing the config.pro file in wordpad. I am stuck at this point, it will not let me save any changes i make to this file. I get a notice that says access to this file was denied. Is there any other way to fix my problem.

P.S.

Attached is the traceback file:

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Matthew,

This seems to be due to graphics. Check information at

http://communities.ptc.com/message/243172#243172

Regarding the config.pro, seems you don't have permission.

You can try:

1. Copy the config.pro to desktop

2. Modify the file on desktop and add the config option enable_opengl_fbo no

3. Save file

4. Copy the modified file from desktp and replace the existing in installation (use paste).

5. It may prompt warning for Copy ....., use Copy and Replace on that.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Matthew,

This seems to be due to graphics. Check information at

http://communities.ptc.com/message/243172#243172

Regarding the config.pro, seems you don't have permission.

You can try:

1. Copy the config.pro to desktop

2. Modify the file on desktop and add the config option enable_opengl_fbo no

3. Save file

4. Copy the modified file from desktp and replace the existing in installation (use paste).

5. It may prompt warning for Copy ....., use Copy and Replace on that.

Brilliant, Thank you. Can i ask what part of the traceback you looked at to determine that the graphics were the issue?

Traceback files are encrypted hence it will not make any sense for you if you will open and read that.

Oh right, well thanks again for the quick and accurate response.

Top Tags