cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Locking parts in Drafting

Oscar
1-Newbie

Locking parts in Drafting

Hello,

I'be been using Creo Elements Direct modeling and Drafting for few years and just updated to version 19.00. I see some improvements, but Drafting still lacks some of the features that might be very handy in my opinion. One of those features is an ability to lock certain parts in the part browser so you could still see the geometry, but couldnt accidently move the part which is possible now if you're working at the top level. It is kind of dangerous as well because you may accidently drag one part (layer) for just a tiny bit and never see it and it may be critical. In other 2D cad apps there is an option to lock the layer so user cannot select it, move it, etc. Would be nice to see such a functionality in Drafting.

Another small, but annoying thing is a diameter dimension. Why is it so hard to make Drafting adding a diameter symbol to it automatically? It does it with the radius...

Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.

1 REPLY 1
Kotom-Eng
15-Moonstone
(To:Oscar)

Hello,

To solve the second question:

"Why is it so hard to make Drafting adding a diameter symbol to it automatically? It does it with the radius...",

copy this line:

DA_DIM_DIAMETER ANSI END

in the file "customize.m" in the installation directory of Drafting.

http://kotom.eng.free.fr
Top Tags