cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

APPCRASH server_runtime.exe KEPware

JJ_10799670
4-Participant

APPCRASH server_runtime.exe KEPware

Hi everybody,

I have installed the tuneller KEPServerEX 6 version 6.5.829.0 and a weeks ago we are experimenting interruptions in the transmision of the data. 

I track the problem in the windows event viewers and I found this errors:

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 9/26/2023 12:16:47 AM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: OPC_SVR
Description:
Faulting application name: server_runtime.exe, version: 6.5.829.0, time stamp: 0x5b22a6cf
Faulting module name: ge_ethernet_global_data.dll, version: 6.5.829.0, time stamp: 0x5b22a6df
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000245e8
Faulting process id: 0xa48
Faulting application start time: 0x01d9efa794a04a0a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kepware\KEPServerEX 6\server_runtime.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kepware\KEPServerEX 6\drivers\ge_ethernet_global_data.dll
Report Id: c70f0f78-fd9b-4a8f-9cf8-92e647f4b643

This causes that the service KeepServer Runtime stops suddenly

I attached more information below

1 REPLY 1

@JJ_10799670,

I took a look through the Kepware Release Notes and located several enhancements made to the KEPServerEX application in subsequence releases after v6.5 which addressed the issue you have described. Most notably in v6.6 where an issue with the OPC UA interface where requests could crash the runtime. Also, in v6.7 release; a memory leak when using the OPC UA Client Driver was fixed. I first recommend upgrading your instance of KEPServerEX to the Latest release v6.14 which will have all of mentioned fixes baked in.  If the issue persists, I recommend opening a Support ticket with the Kepware Technical Support team so crash dumps can be collected and analyzed. Here is a link to the login page where a support ticket can be opened:

Thanks,

*Chris

Top Tags