cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to remove the IoT Gateway from my project.

ScottInTexas
6-Contributor

How to remove the IoT Gateway from my project.

I was working with Kepware on a problem and during the discussion we enable a trial of IoT Gateway. I wont be using it in my application. But now it is filling my event log with "Time limited usage period on feature IoT Gateway has expired." Also, while on a trial of KepServer and this IoT Gateway, a notification shows up every 30 seconds to tell you it is a trial with limited time. It was so distracting I just uninstalled the software and work remotely with the actual licensed software. Now I just need to get rid of the IoT on that.

Thanks,

Scott

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Remove any configured IOT agents you have defined in the project and then stop/start the runtime service (through the Admin icon or in Windows services).

On startup the runtime will detect those components are no longer in use and will not attempt to check out the license for the gateway plugin.

-Andy

Andy Servetas
Principal Technical Support Engineer | Kepware Technologies

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Remove any configured IOT agents you have defined in the project and then stop/start the runtime service (through the Admin icon or in Windows services).

On startup the runtime will detect those components are no longer in use and will not attempt to check out the license for the gateway plugin.

-Andy

Andy Servetas
Principal Technical Support Engineer | Kepware Technologies

Announcements

Top Tags