cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Inter-Request Delay wtih Modbus TCP

AP_11774542
3-Visitor

Inter-Request Delay wtih Modbus TCP

Hi

I'm using Kepware KEPServer EX 6.16 and connect a Modbus TCP device.

Data acquisition is ok and Datalogger in ODBC also is ok.

The process is to acquire 3000 registers and archive in a Database.

I noted that when Inter-Request Delay when is set to 0 the requests to the Modbus TCP device are very very high (higher then I need) but if I set to a number near the Scan Rate (5000 ms) of each tag I don't have all the value expected in database Static Interval (10 seconds),

how can I set this parameter (or other) to have less query and stay to the Static Interval lapse?

I don't have issue about timeout or delay in communications.

Albe

Best Regards 

Catalina_0-1726127903866.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MKhatri
13-Aquamarine
(To:AP_11774542)

Hello,

I wanted to bring to your attention that it appears the Inter-Request Delay setting may be incorrect, resulting in missing updates in the DL. To address this issue, I kindly request that the Inter-Request Delay be set back to 0. Additionally, I recommend trying to set the scan mode to "scan all data at" 5000 ms.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. Please let me know if you require any further clarification or assistance.

Regards,

Mohit

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MKhatri
13-Aquamarine
(To:AP_11774542)

Hello,

I wanted to bring to your attention that it appears the Inter-Request Delay setting may be incorrect, resulting in missing updates in the DL. To address this issue, I kindly request that the Inter-Request Delay be set back to 0. Additionally, I recommend trying to set the scan mode to "scan all data at" 5000 ms.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. Please let me know if you require any further clarification or assistance.

Regards,

Mohit

Announcements

Top Tags