cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Manufacturing license - Add a new device to Tier DriverLimit 1?

TH_10813434
3-Visitor

Manufacturing license - Add a new device to Tier DriverLimit 1?

Manufacturing license - Add a new device.

Hello, I have a Kepware KepServerEX 6 running for a customer and want to add a Siemens PLC to the OPC server.
The license I have is a manufacturing Suite with Tier: DriverLimit 1. What does this mean? Cannot find any explanation about this anywhere.

And on this OPC server I have a memory based connection running.

Is it possible to add a new Siemens PLC S7-300 device to the Kepserver without needing to change the license?

The manufacturing Suite does have the Siemens drivers included.

2 REPLIES 2
MKhatri
13-Aquamarine
(To:TH_10813434)

Hello,

As per your explanation i understood that you are referring license activation count.

Every license has specific activation count for example it can be 1, 2 or any other number that means the same license can be used on required machines as many as times with respected to the activation count.

In you case license has count 1 so you can use license on one machine at a time.

Yes, you can add Siemens without change of license.

For more details, please look into link.

Yes, the manufacturing Suite does have the Siemens drivers included.

I cannot test this ATM if this is true. But I have good hopes now that I do not need a new license.

If I do not forget, I will reply the result when I have access to the kepserver.

Top Tags