cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

No longer be able to receive data from KEPServerEx when changing property from read only to read/write

weli
12-Amethyst

No longer be able to receive data from KEPServerEx when changing property from read only to read/write

Hi,

By default,when binding data with remote thing from KEPServerEx, the binded property is read only. And I can see data coming in. But when I changed this property to read/write mode, It no longer be able to receive data any more. Even I rebind it, there is no new data received.

Anyone can help?

Thanks & Best Regards

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine
(To:weli)

Hi Tom,

Indeed I had the same issue per my test locally.

I will open a Jira to R&D to confirm if this is an bug or configuration issue.

I will open a new case for this case to track the Jira progress.

I will contact you through the case thread.

So we could close this thread now.

Thanks,

Br,

Anna

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine

Hi Tom,

Did you try to change Read-Only to Read/Write on ThingWorx Thing Property or from Kepware itself? Make sure that you have configured Read/Write properly in the Kepware side and try again.

Thanks,

Br,

Anna

weli
12-Amethyst
(To:AnnaAn)

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your help.I changed the status of property inside Thingworx composer. I just tried to change it in the Kepware side, but after selecting read/write, and hitting OK buttion,it changed back to read only.

model.png

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine

Hi Tom,

Yes I had the similar issue. It's ok when playing with the self created New Tags, it only keep Read-Only for the existing Tags and cannot be changed to Read/Write.

Continue do further investigation and will let you know.

Thanks,

Br,

Anna

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine

Hi Tom,

Some Kepware Tags are Read-Only and are not allowed to change to Read/Write like Ramp Tags.

Did you try with another Tag with a different Address type?

To check which Tags are Read-only and which are Read/Write, you could refer to the Help center:

1. Go to Kepware configuration window

2. Click the "Help" ->"Driver Help..."

3. In my case, I checked Simulator, and then you will see its online Help document

Hope this helps,

Br,

Anna

weli
12-Amethyst

Thanks Anna, just tried Data Type Examples->16 Bit Device->K Registers->Boolean1,found it can be modified to read only or read/write, after binding a remote thing, I can pass value at both side.

But once I changed the read/write mode of this property in Thingwor or in Kepware,the property lost binding, value will no longer pass anymore. I am not sure this is an issue or it should be act like this.

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine

Hi Tom,

Indeed I had the same issue per my test locally.

I will open a Jira to R&D to confirm if this is an bug or configuration issue.

I will open a new case for this case to track the Jira progress.

I will contact you through the case thread.

So we could close this thread now.

Thanks,

Br,

Anna

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine

We've got new reply from R&D that this bug will be fixed in ThingWorx 8.1.0; in the new version of ThingWorx, it will not allow to change Read-Only checkbox from ThingWorx platform.

Br,

Anna

Top Tags