cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Remove and Reinstall KepServerEX on the same Machine reset licenses?

GD_9146088
4-Participant

Remove and Reinstall KepServerEX on the same Machine reset licenses?

Hello everybody. As I posted in another thread, I have a problem with OPC UA Server endpoint. Port 49320. Until now I did not removed completely Kepware but only made Repair and Maintenance.

If I remove KepserverEX and then, after a reboot, I  reinstall KepServerEX on the same machine, are the licenses still working? Which is the right way to do this operation. Is there an article about it?

Thank you for your help.

Guido De Biase

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Here is the recommended way

1. Remove the License Activation ID from the local server via the License Transfer process:
    1. For more information on Transferring a License Activation ID please Click Here
  2. Perform maintenance
  3. Re-deploy License Activation ID 
    1. For more information on (redeployment) Activating a License Activation ID please Click Here

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Here is the recommended way

1. Remove the License Activation ID from the local server via the License Transfer process:
    1. For more information on Transferring a License Activation ID please Click Here
  2. Perform maintenance
  3. Re-deploy License Activation ID 
    1. For more information on (redeployment) Activating a License Activation ID please Click Here
Top Tags