cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Troubleshooting SQL Errors

JaimePR
4-Participant

Troubleshooting SQL Errors

Hello community,
Is there a way to check what the real error is in KEPServerEX for SQL diagnostics?

This doesn't help at all:

Date Time Level Source Event
12/08/2024 16:39:18 Error Data Logger Plug-in Unknown error while executing query in table 'mytable' for log group 'datalog-azure'.

I am guessing it's something about security/privileges since I am trying to log data in an Azure database.

I am able to see tables, columns when I am mapping the data but unable to write values to table.

Using app version 6.16 (V6.16.203.0)

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JaimePR
4-Participant
(To:JaimePR)

Ended up using a Dynamic DNS to my computer. KEPServer doesn't seem to work for Azure Database environment.

Cheers,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Article - "Datalogger with Store and Forward enabled fails with "Unknown error while executing query in table" in PTC Kepware Products": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS321247 

JaimePR
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

Hi VladimirN,
I don't have store and forward enabled. I tried to first alternative though ("Create a new table once and append to this table").

Since the user has full privileges over the database  (role membership "db_owner"), KEPServer was able to generate the new table, but it fails populating data in it.

db_owner role membership on a local connection works fine..not sure how I can track the error in "raw-mode". Is there a log file I can track all this?
Tried searching information in "Event Viewer" on windows but there is nothing for PTC/KEPServer.

Cheers,

JaimePR
4-Participant

Ended up using a Dynamic DNS to my computer. KEPServer doesn't seem to work for Azure Database environment.

Cheers,

Announcements

Top Tags