cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

click on QC (opc quick client) ,then no connections show up HR=0x80080005

KW_10638986
2-Guest

click on QC (opc quick client) ,then no connections show up HR=0x80080005

this happens every time when I open OPC Quick Client as a read-only user

hr=0x80080005.png

9 REPLIES 9

Is your Quick Client on the same server than KepServerEX? May be you need to use the DCOM settings, just let me know

it's on the same server. How use DCOM settings?

So, if it's on the same server, you don't need DCOM Setting.

Anyway, you need to setup the DCOM, when you use Server and Client on different server, usually for OPC DA. So, just for informatiion, here is a link from PTC support How tu use DCOM: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS293793

I need to investigate you case.

Did you resolve this issue? I am dealing with the exact same issue.

Hi Herve - no solution yet. The Quick Client and the server are on the same machine (although I am certainly going to see about installing the client on the several different users' pcs, who access it it). Regardless I checked the DCOM settings but haven't been successful in making connection. I don't configure the plc's etc,, or directly work with Kepware on our network and am being told by those techs that the connection failure was a relatively recent development, after having worked for around three years prior....

Have you found a resolution?

@TM_9513142 

Please take a look at the following kepware knowledge base article which covers the HR=0x80080005 error received.

Article - CS281446 - General information on OPC Error Codes generated by the operating system in KEPServerEX / LinkMaster / ThingWorx Industrial Connectivity (ptc.com)

I recommend open a support ticket with the Kepware team if the recommended solution in the article does not resolve the issue. Here is link to the login page where a support ticket can be opened:

Thanks,

*Chris

@KW_10638986,

Are you running KEPServerEX with a valid license? You will encounter a blank Quick Client if the KEPServerEX 2 hour demo period has expired which will require a reset of the KEPServerEX runtime to reset the demo period. If you are running the application with a current license or an unexpired demo period and are seeing an issue with the Quick Client connection, you may need configure your Microsoft DCOM settings for the OPC DA connection to succeed. 

Thanks,

*Chris 

Thank you Chris – I understand that the demo times out after a couple of hours, but I believe that our licensing is good; is that what this is indicating? Again, all was working well until maybe a week ago….

upload_-aW1hZ2UwMDEucG5n-7590378821867722161..png

TOM MAXWELL
Senior Systems Administrator
TMaxwell@bedford.com

Bedford Industries
1659 Rowe Ave
Worthington, MN 56187 USA

1.507.376.4136 • 1.877.BEDFORD (233.3673)
fax: 1.507.376.6742
bedford.com | elastitag.com | closeit.com | tagback.com

Bedford Industries will be closed Monday, December 25 for the Christmas Holiday.

Top Tags