cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Activating special function for milling

john
8-Gravel

Activating special function for milling

How would you capture and differentiate the 3+2 axis machining and 5 axis machining. For example when I have 3+2 axis insert a command and when in 5 axis insert other command.

5 REPLIES 5
slolli
7-Bedrock
(To:john)

What is it you need specifically? Possibly have your post capture if there is MULTAX in the code for 5-axis path.

john
8-Gravel
(To:slolli)

hi, sorry for my late response. Yes, for example, a newer controller has special commands that allow having the part on a different location on the table without the need to repost. For Haas these functions are G254 and G234 , one is 3+2 axis machining and the other one is for 5 axis continuous machining. How would post one function or the other?

Regards!

slolli
7-Bedrock
(To:john)

Sorry I never noticed this response!  A great resource would be AustinNC.  In general though, maybe have an if/then where if it sees MULTAX then it would output the G234.  Not as nice, but you could also manually enter a CL Command in the toolpath.

john
8-Gravel
(To:slolli)

hi, yes I will have a look in FIL/GPost  manual, they have all kind of exemples there. Thank you! 

Hi John:

Did you get your post working with hass 750?. 

thanks

Top Tags