cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Can't find icons for turning a profile

JoeDunfee
1-Newbie

Can't find icons for turning a profile

I am a new user of CoCreate 3.0. I am attempting to turn a profile, but can't find the proper icons. To set the stage, I have started a new document, and drawn a simple rectangle on the existing plane.To turn a profile, the help file says to;

1. Click Modify 3D [OK I can find this]

2. In the Machine task panel list, select Classic Machine. [This is where I get stuck, and I cannot find such a task panel.]

I have attached a screen shot of this point in the process. Perhaps someone can see something obvious that I am missing.

Thank you for helping a newbe,

Joe Dunfee

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Joe !

With that rectangle on the workplane you can extrude it around an axis for example.

You can not "modify 3D" because you don't have any 3D part.

Make a 3D part and than you can turn a face with the icon "pull" and the option "angle".

---------------------
SolidDesigner-20.5 + PE8 + PhoenixPDM + Solidworks + Blender

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

For some reason I can't edit that message. Anyway, I should have included that my edition is the Persona Edition of CoCreate. I don't know if that has any bearing. The help file includes the instrucitons for turning a profile.

Joe Dunfee

Hello Joe !

With that rectangle on the workplane you can extrude it around an axis for example.

You can not "modify 3D" because you don't have any 3D part.

Make a 3D part and than you can turn a face with the icon "pull" and the option "angle".

---------------------

Thank you, that was the missing information. I had wondered why I was supposed to "modify" something that didn't exist. The thought of looking up "pull angular" in the help file didn't occur to me... sometimes you need to know the secret paswords in a software package to find help.

I have been trying to find some tutorials. But most of the references to tutorials I have been able to find have been links to part files. These parts were apparently used in a tutorial, but are not the tutorial itself.

Joe Dunfee

Did you look into the english PE forum ?

http://communities.ptc.com/community/more_communities/cocreate/cocreate_modeling_pe_-_english?view=all

There you can find some threads with links to the CoCreate tutorials.

http://www.crazymaze.de/smili/hemden/wink.gif

---------------------
Top Tags