cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Sequence Parameter Drop Down Menu Customize

Thom
9-Granite

Sequence Parameter Drop Down Menu Customize

When I was using Creo 4 I was able to modify the Parameter drop down box to include specific ones I wanted without having to go to the whole machine parameter box. Now that we have moved to Creo 7 I cannot remember how this was done. Has anyone else done this?

Thanks in advance.

What I wantWhat I wantWhat I haveWhat I have

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thom
9-Granite
(To:KenFarley)

Here is the solution from PTC. This is what I had changed previously and was looking for. 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs278608 

Now here is what my default hole making parameters look like.

Thom_0-1669983666798.png

Thanks Varun!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Thom)

Hi,

please ask also PTC Support.

Martin Hanák
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:Thom)

I've been using Manufacturing for decades, but didn't know there was a way to customize this. I always just turn on the "all parameters" and scroll through to set things.

Checking into the possible config.pro options for manufacturing (for Creo 9.0.1), I find that there is a setting:

mfg_custom_sequence_param_file   "Defines the file that contains the user-defined NC sequence parameters list."

So, it appears there is some sort of means of doing some customizing. Apparently this is an XML format file. Here's an example from PTC:

PTC Sample MFG Params File 

I don't know if use of this will yield the behavior you are looking for, but maybe. Perhaps you could locate the file that was used for Creo 4, if there was one, and point your Creo 7 config.pro to it.

Thom
9-Granite
(To:KenFarley)

Here is the solution from PTC. This is what I had changed previously and was looking for. 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs278608 

Now here is what my default hole making parameters look like.

Thom_0-1669983666798.png

Thanks Varun!

Top Tags