cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Vericut version for Creo 3

JasonPensack
1-Newbie

Vericut version for Creo 3

What version of Vericut should be included with Creo 3 M010? It is using 7.1.5 on my system. I thought it was supposed to move up to 7.3.

8 REPLIES 8

Jason,

Maybe they will change it with the next couple of updates.I didn't realize M010 was available. I remember seeing a video when it was all hyped. It was going to be like a year long roll out of all the manufacturing stuff. I have to wait for all the mold stuff to get updated to switch to 3.0.

I had a demo of NCSimul last week. Pretty impressive stuff. Seemed to be a lot faster than vericut.

It will most likely be 7.2

my understanding is that they PTC & CGTech don't have a cooperation agreement anymore, I base this on my dealings with both rep's when I have been dealing with issues.

CGTech what us to buy an interface module for creo, but I had already worked out how to plug my full version lisence into creo, so it calls my full version when running material simulation.

At the moment, I have 7.1 in Creo, and the full version of 7.2.3

I generate the file from Creo in 7.1, then switch over to the full version to work with. The only pain is if you save something in the later version, you can't open in the earlier version ( tool data base).

but that is easy to fix by opening the file with wordpad, and change the version number and save.

I don't have 7.3 at the moment, but will soon.

It would be nice if the update to the latest version series, it would also be nice if they make it easier to plug in the full version lisence ( it's a bit of a pain to do my way)

Good day everyone,

We have a solid partner relationship with CGTech and are committed to work with them.

Best,

Toby

Steve,

Thanks for the info. I just wanted to make sure that my system wasn't trying to run an older version since I still have Creo 2 loaded.

Our reseller sent us some info on the NCSimul a while back and it looked impressive. The only downfall I can see is $$$. I would imagine its a pretty big add-on.

Wheels,

I have a feeling that theres not going to be any new agreements because they are pushing NCSimul.

Thanks Jason for the info, I wasn't even aware that PTC was bring out it own simulator

That explains a lot as to why I haven't been getting much cooperation between the two support reps.

I be keen to see if NCSimul is fully capable as vericut is, I just got Vericut sorted with calculating cycle times for our main machine, so I be sticking with it unless NCSimul can match its performance with what we do.

I don't think it's PTC's own simulator but our reseller is pushing it and they were always exclusively PTC. So they may be partnering with the company that makes that software. I'm not sure about this but if they are not going with Vericut anymore this could be why.

The latest version available at the time when Creo 3.0 was QA tested was Vericut 7.1.5. This is part of our process, we wait almost at the latest possible time to get the most recent version of Vericut. Once the integration is tested, it remains that way for the release.

Regards

Jose

This must be the cut down version that PTC includes as the material removal simulation

I have only today received the email from CGTech to download the full licencse version 7.3.3. of Vericut for all users who have a valid and uptodate maintenance contract.

7.2 was last year, 7.3 came out around May this year

Announcements

Top Tags