cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

WF5 - CL Preview Window in Tool Motion (Customize)

DanielSantos
1-Newbie

WF5 - CL Preview Window in Tool Motion (Customize)

Hi folks,

I'd like to hear from you what you think about the removal of the CL Preview Window in WF5. We are deeply missing this functionality and I'd like to hear from other people in the same situation. IMHO PTC removed the programmer ground because now he has to back-and-forth all the timeto playpath the sequence in order to see the sintax of the CL file, to see if he placed the command in the right location.

Thoughts?

Daniel

3 REPLIES 3
LeeGoodwin
5-Regular Member
(To:DanielSantos)

Hi Daniel,

Interesting question and I hope we can get some more input from the field. I also wanted to clarify that for many of the traditional toolpaths (Volume Mill, Surface Mill, Custom Trajectory), the CL preview window is still there. It is simply minimized by default and can be popped up as needed. This was a common request from the users - the first thing they often did was minimize that window.

I'll try to get some more information on this topic for you.

Hi Lee!

Yes, I know that they are minimized by default... the problem is that the CLwindow is not available for Turning, Holemaking, essential tools in daily programming.

There is no problem at all in minimizing it automatically... I really liked that and agree with customers who asked for that... but removing the CLWindow was a bad shot...

Pro/NC is only suitable for complex machines if you insert custom PPWords to trigger events in the PP. without the CLWindow, the programmer has to back and forth and play path the sequence all the time to see if the inserted the PP word and the right location....

Very counter productive... I though WF5 was supposed to speed things up...

BTW: The hidden option enable_classic_steps is also a bad solution... it brings back some buggy turning toolpaths from WF3... there are certain situations that if I create the turning sequence through the new WF5 turning toolpath icon I get what I want... if I have enable_classic_steps and create the same sequence, using the same references, however through the old toolpath UI, I get a crazy geometry in the turning profile... Maybe in 2032 PTC will fix this...

Daniel

I agree with Daniel, we need to be able to control CL customization with the CL window that closes during some sequences.

Top Tags