cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

.mfg file no longer created for process models

gchampoux
1-Newbie

.mfg file no longer created for process models

We just upgraded from Widlfire 3 to Wildfire 5 and noticed something unusual about manufacturing models.
We have the Expert Machinist module, but we only use it to create process models (manufacturing planning).
(aka: Pro/Process for Manufacturing)

When the user saves such a model in Wildfire 5, it is no longer creating a .mfg file, as it did in Wildfire 3 and prior releases.
Yet, when opening the .asm file, Pro/E knows that it is a manuafcturing model, and opens it in the appropriate application (Process).

In short, it seems to be working properly, but I want to be sure I am not missing anything.

Gerry

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Gerry

I am not sure about Expert Machinist, but we try this with Molddesign:

Set allow_mfg_in_assem_mode to yes and open geometry in assembly mode.

Look at pictures on http://communities.ptc.com/groups/hezky-cesky/blog/2011/09/26/pr%C3%A1ce-na-molddesign-geometrii-bez-licence-molddesign

Regards

Radovan

Top Tags