cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

mfg_param_auto_copy_from_tool (Rough/Finish Specification)

JNunner
2-Guest

mfg_param_auto_copy_from_tool (Rough/Finish Specification)

We just ran across the mfg_param_auto_copy_from_tool config.pro option, and it almost solves a problem for us...I just think it needs to have one more feature to it to actually be useful for our needs. For reference, here are 2 links describing the option:

https://www.creosite.com/cgi-bin/find_option.cgi?srch=MFG_PARAM_AUTO_COPY_FROM_TOOL&ver=creo7&mode=config

Using the Cutting Data Supplied for the Tool (ptc.com)

The feature I think it is missing is the ability to control whether you want to default to rough or finish for all sequence types, not just the finish for certain types, and rough for others as specified in the links above. I think it would be most useful for every Creo user if it were included as a popup window like you already have for this feature asking the user "Would you like to update sequence parameters by copying cutting data from tool ##?".

The only alternative I can come up with is to use relations as mentioned on the second link above...but I could see that getting messy going between rough or finish, and would likely be less productive than just manually copying using the copy from rough or finish in the parameter expanded window.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags