cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

need to develop a post processor

hemsid
4-Participant

need to develop a post processor

Hello everyone...

We are a fast paced engineering company using CREO Nc module to create CNC programs. We are buying a new 5 axis m/c & are in a stage of getting the post processor development started

Can anybody suggest & enlighten us how PTC can help us with that ??? Is there a specific CAM developers department with PTC ?? I can always go with a 3rd party but want to work with PTC if they have anybody in particular

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:hemsid)

If you do a search for "creo postprocessor" you will find a bit of stuff about this, things like

Forum Post Processor Discussion 1

or

Forum Post Processor Discussion 2

In the past when I've sought help I talked the company that is our PTC reseller, and they set up an online meeting with a guy who develops post processors for people. Didn't really help me much because I wasn't interested in having someone do the development for me, I wanted to learn how to do it myself.

I can't remember the name of the guy, but if you contact the people you get your licenses from they will likely be able to refer you to the current post processor development folk.

Top Tags