cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Cannot install MathCad on my virtual Windows 10 64bit machine - only decompress, no install wizard

DB_10512107
1-Newbie

Cannot install MathCad on my virtual Windows 10 64bit machine - only decompress, no install wizard

Hello,

I have now tried to download and install MathCad on my macs virtual machine Windows 10 64bit but all stops at unpacking 100% and tthe nothing happens. The window just closes. I have tried running as administrator and all other programs install well but not this one.
How can I finally get it to install?

I have tried installing it from my desktop NAD even created a TEMP folder in my C:/drive and installing it from there but the behaviour is the same - it never starts the install-wizard

How can I proceed?

Thanks

Dominicus
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

Hi read the first case and it does not apply to me as it fails obviously to extract the files to the suggested location. I looked in the roaming and local location and there is no Folder from your company.

Tried the second case and turned off windows firewall and virusprotection (as this is the one I have). But the installation fails at the exact same position extracting files 1……100% and then after a small ball circling it just stops at that and no wizard ever starts.

Is there a way to get the msi file from somewhere else and not the pim_installmgr_mathcad.exe that seems tto fail every time.

Thanks,

Dominicus

Top Tags