cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Installation error mathcad prime 7. 0 - no logs

IA_9950441
3-Visitor

Installation error mathcad prime 7. 0 - no logs

I can't to install mathcad. The installer always ask to see file log, but there is not a file log showing a problem. Can someone help me? 

6 REPLIES 6
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:IA_9950441)

Check here, to see if there's a solution to your problem.

Success!
Luc

Thank you for answer. But I already checked this link before. The problem is that the installation assistant don't show what is failing, it only show a message saying to see the installation log file. So I don't even what is the error in installation. Is there any way to solve it? 

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Did you find that LOG file. I suspect it should be somewhere in:

C:\ProgramData\PTC\...

Note that the C:\ProgramData folder may not be shown on your system by default, but you should be able to navigate there by typing the path in Windows Explorer.

Success!
Luc

No, I didn't find. In this folder there is not anything, except the Diagnostic tools folder(The installation of the Diagnostic tools worked, the problem is only with mathcad prime). I searched this log file in Temp folder, but I only finded an archive in format TMP that I converted to txt, but I don't finded the reason for the failure. I have no idea what to do. 

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Did you buy (pay for) a license?: Contact PTC support, get someone on the phone! (Online support should already have come to this forum to provide a solution.)

Are you trying to install Prime 7 Express (no license required)? Check once more that you fulfil all requirements for installation...

Success!
Luc

No, I didn't buy. I'm a student, so I'm trying install the version for university that is the Mathcad Express, the Mathcad Prime is only a free 30 days trial. And yes, my notebook fulfills all requirements, it is already have the Microsoft Network(and the required version), it is 64 bits and there is enough space in the disk. 

Top Tags