cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Mathcad 6.0 Files Saving As Excel Files

NG_8056265
1-Newbie

Mathcad 6.0 Files Saving As Excel Files

I don't know what happened. My Mathcad files will now save as excel files on my computer. When saved, their desktop icon is excel, but they are still MCDX files. When I attempt to open them they are opened in excel which displays an error message.
I recently deleted older versions of Mathcad from my computer (I have Prime 6.0 currently) so I'm not sure if that caused the issue. I was very cautious when deleting and made sure to only remove applications with a specified version number that was not 6.0
I wanted to attempt to re-download mathcad to see if it would fix my issue, but can not find a link to do so.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
3 REPLIES 3

Thanks for forwarding the download link.

Unfortunately after uninstalling and then reinstalling Mathcad Prime 6.0 the files are still saving like excel files.

I added a snip from my desktop of the issue.

NG_8056265_1-1612897522901.png

Hi @NG_8056265,

Did you tried to change the default app opening the .mcdx file?

To change the default app Start > Settings > Apps > Default Apps > Choose default apps by file type.

Look for .mcdx file type and see what is the default app selected to open the files. If it is excel change this to Mathcad Prime 

Thanks,

Vipul

Top Tags